Crisis Communications and Reputation Management, Data Security & Privacy
Employee Status: Full-Time
Resolute Strategic Services, an elite risk advisory firm, seeks a Vice President to support the firm’s CyberStrategies group in assisting clients with strategic and crisis communications and reputation management services before, during and after significant cyber incidents. Our elite team is comprised of the world’s foremost experts in security, regulatory, political and reputation risk management with decades of public and private sector experience.
Vice Presidents provide counsel and support across client teams, serving in supervisory roles under the direction of our senior executives. The ideal candidate for this full-time position possesses excellent crisis communications and reputation management instincts, strategic writing and oral communication skills, attention to detail and strong project management. Previous experience working on cybersecurity, data privacy, personnel security and/or physical security issues a plus.
Flexible schedule is required.
- Serve as day-to-day account lead on multiple client projects, providing strategic counsel, managing project deliverables and deadlines, and anticipating challenges
- Lead development of communications and scenario plans that reflect the strategic approach and achieve client goals
- Drive development of risk assessment / audit reports for clients
- Drive messaging/materials development, including press materials, FAQs, talking points, and other communications
- Facilitate client workshops, trainings and tabletop exercises
- Review research documents and monitoring reports
- Contribute to new business, prospecting and marketing initiatives
- Oversee junior staff
- Proven experience (6+ years) in communications, public affairs, related professions or political campaigns
- Experience in supervisory position, particularly among junior personnel
- Superior strategic writing, editing, and communications skills
- Familiarity with media relations in crisis situations
- Confident and comfortable working in fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines, multi-tasking
- Ability to grasp concepts, ideas and issues and translate for a variety of audiences
- Fluent in social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong interest in crisis communications, incident response, crisis preparedness and reputation management
- Strong interest in enterprise risk and cybersecurity topics
- Excels at organizational management and functioning with a disciplined focus to the workday and business goals.
- Strategic and prudent in approach with the judgment to involve the team but the ability to make decisions.
- Good listener who is not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo constructively
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- A clear, articulate and persuasive communicator with the presence and confidence to operate effectively both inside and outside the firm
- Team player who easily collaborates with colleagues
- High-energy self-starter, robust thinker
- Perceptive, creative and hard-working
Please send a cover letter, resume and samples of your work, including past projects and writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resolute Public Affairs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. Resolute Public Affairs expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.